Check terrific for twos eligibility

Terrific for Twos funding offers eligible children up to 15 hours free early education.

ONLY apply if your child was born between 01st January 2017 and 31st March 2018

Applications can only be made in the term your child turns 2 / is already 2 years old.

If your family is eligible for a place, your child can start the term after their second birthday. The table below shows the dates and terms:
  If your child is born between: They will get their free place:
  1st January and 31st March Summer term (in April)
  1st April and 31st August Autumn term (in September)
  1st September and 31st December Spring term (in January)

To see if you are entitled, please complete the following form, alternatively if you wish to speak to a member of our Information for Families team, please call 01902 554242.

You are eligibile if you:

  • are in receipt of Universal Credit
  • are in receipt of Income Support
  • are in receipt of income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • are in receipt of income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • receive support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act (NASS)
  • receive the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • are children of Zambrano Carers
  • are children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private/family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
  • are children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – ‘the 1999 Act’)

Or if you are working and:

  • receive Child Tax credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income less than £16,190
  • receive Working Tax Credits and have an annual income less that £16,190
  • receive Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • is a Looked After 2 year old child (or a child that has been in Local Authority care for one day or more)
  • is an adopted 2 year old (from Local Authority Care)
  • receive Disability Living Allowance
  • care for a 2 year old child that has left the care of the Local Authority through a Special Guardianship or Child Arrangement Order or an Adoption Order
  • care for a 2 year old child with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan

Data Protection & Privacy Statement

Wolverhampton City Council is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We regard your privacy as important and we will only use your personal information for the purposes for which you provide it, or where allowed by law, to prevent and detect fraud. Wolverhampton City Council may use some of your personal data to monitor and evaluate the service we deliver. “Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have certain rights regarding access to your personal information. If you have a query regarding how we use your information or if you would like to make a request for information under the Act, please put it in writing to the Information Governance Team, Wolverhampton City Council, Civic Centre, St Peter’s Square, Wolverhampton, WV1 1SH or via email to For general information about either the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Freedom of Information Act 2000 please visit

If you give your consent to these terms then please continue with your application. If you need to withdraw your consent at any time then please contact the Information for Families Service on 01902 554242.

If you have read the above information and wish to proceed then please complete the details below then click the button. If the form cannot be submitted, then please correct the field values.
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01902 554242.

Note, all dates should be in the format dd/mm/yyyy, for example, 31/03/2016

To proceed you must indicate if the application is being made on behalf of the Parent/Carer by a third party (Select Yes) or the application is being made by the Parent/Guardian (select No).

If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01902 554242.

Person applying on behalf of Parent/Carer

Parent/Carer Details

Note: either one of the National Insurance or NASS numbers is required

Child's Details